Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day Sixteen

Another uninspired day...it was raining outside so I was stuck doing another indoor daily photo project. I guess I just need to invest in some rain gear for my camera...haha. I decided to give the HDR thing another try. I took several shots of the same scene at different exposures (a technique called bracketing) and then merged them together. This time I used a software called Photomatix. I didn't like it the first time I tried it, but I thought I would give it another shot. (I'm only using the free trial right now, which is why there is watermark on the finished product.) I think I just need to take more exciting photos in order to be more excited about the results...lol! In the first two photos, notice how there are areas of under- or overexposure...when the window is at the right exposure, the room is too dark, and when the room is exposed correctly, the window is too light. In the merged third photo, all areas, including the scene out the window, are properly exposed. I don't like how it turned the wood tones on the headboard red, but in all honesty, I don't care enough to fiddle with it anymore tonight! Lol. It's a really neat concept that I plan to keep working on.

And now, here is an example of what a true HDR photo SHOULD look like! These are some sample photos of the canals of Venice that I unfortunately did not take, but I did process with Photomatix. Very beautiful results.

2 comments:

Kandis May 17, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

Love the canal edit! Btw, not sure if I told you before but there is a website that is great for HDR....its www.stuckincustoms.com and it will blow your mind :o)

When are you coming back to Tejas?

Sarah R. May 17, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

Yeah, I've seen stuckincustoms...its amazing!

I'm hopefully going to be in Texas around my birthday. I've already gotten the time off cleared with work, just gotta see if I can afford the trip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP