Saturday, May 1, 2010

HDR

I have been doing some research on HDR (high dynamic range) imaging, and today I downloaded a plug-in for Lightroom called Enfuse. Basically, it merges together several photos taken at different exposures to create the maximum amount of detail/optimal exposure throughout the entire image. For example, I took these two photos a few weeks ago after work...

In this first photo, the building (Rebecca's Wedding Boutique) is exposed enough to see the detail on and in front of it, but the sky is completely blown out.
In this second photo, you can see the dramatic sky and clouds, but the building is silhouetted against it.

Sooooo...I put both photos into Lightroom, clicked on the Enfuse action, and voila! Now you can see the detail in the building AND the dramatic sky (and the green leaves on the tree)!
Overall, the photo is not the most impressive subject matter, but it was fun learning a new post-processing trick! Hopefully as I play with this some more, I can produce some more exciting images! Like these...

(I also liked the HDR in black and white!)

3 comments:

Kandis May 1, 2010 at 11:21 PM  

If you're into HDR there's a program called photomatix that is excellent for producing HDR images. Lovin' the pics lady!

Ann K May 2, 2010 at 7:28 AM  

Sarah, as someone who knows nothing about photo editing (I have a point and shoot camera and use picasa as my editor!), it's really interesting to read your posts about things you can do with a good photo editor. It's especially interesting when you post the before and after pictures Thanks for the education!

Clarice May 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

Oh wow I love it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP